Nachibes was acquired from defor in mid-2013 with initial concerns that there would be nothing for the machine to do. However, these concerns have been quelled, as the need for a local linux computer have come up. This local machine is to have various duties, these have yet to be determined. Nachibes will likely serve as the model for my next remotely hosted linux system, especially as the Debian 5 install on the slice may be coming up on the end of its support lifecycle.
In essence, Nachibes is to TECT as tacgnol was to flatdell. TECT is a very powerful system, and for fewer than a dozen or so users, its horsepower would be inefficiently used as a linux shell system, at least for my particular needs.
- UnrealIRCd, maybe? (*This relates to whether or not I want to host IRC on TECT or on a linux machine, for the convenience of matching the other machines in the network.)
- 2014-11-02: After a long idle, nachibes has had more memory installed for a total of 1.5GB and is receiving an installation of Windows 7. This installation may or may not be long lived.
- 2013-09-28: Installed LLMP components on nachibes. Connected to files and SQL from MILVAX using Fetch and Sequel Pro.
- 2013-09-21: Installed Debian Linux 7.1.0 on Nachibes.
- YYYY-MM-DD: Event happened!
backups, as always. Long-term, this will likely be handled by a script that dumps the databases and copies userdirs and other relevant configurations onto an external hard disk. I may also ignore the problem and declare the system to be a testing system.